Taking the Lead

Taking the Lead (Secrets of a Rock Star) - Cecilia Tan

Cecelia Tan's latest book, Taking the Lead is a fast and furious voyage into the lives of the rich, famous, and kinky.

Riki Hamilton is a self proclaimed ice princess. She won't let anyone into her life, for fear that they'll learn her families "dirty little secret", that they own the most renowned and exclusive BDSM club in LA.

Axel Hawke, the newest bad boy of rock & roll meets Rick, and immediately sees past her ice princess exterior, straight through to the genuinely passionate woman she is. He kidnaps her from an awards show, and thus begins their hurricane of a relationship.

There are the normal twists and turns of such a high intensity relationship, and one that is overly visible in the eyes of the public. Riki is terrified the relationship will ruin her's, and her families reputation, and Axel just wants Riki any way that he can have her.

Cecilia is an award winning author of a number of highly acclaimed novels, and Taking the Lead is no different. Lots of steamy sex, a beautifully accurate representation of a D/S relationship, and a passionate love story all wrapped up into one perfect package. I recommend this wholeheartedly to people who have an interest in BDSM, in hot steamy romance, and in gentle kink. I've already preordered copies of this for several friends who I want to introduce to Cecilia, and her visceral writing style. I'm looking forward to the second novel in this series, Wild Licks.

I received an ARC of this book from Cecilia's publicist, and this in no way influenced my review.