Death Before Decaf, Life After Latte?

Death Before Decaf: A Java Jive Mystery - Caroline Fardig

Death Before Decaf is a new tale in the Java Jive Mystery series. This is the first book in a new series by Caroline Fardig. Ms Fardig is known for her Lizzie Heart Mystery series, and the Sweet Home mystery series.

Death Before Decaf finds our protagonist, Juliet Langley back in the town where she went to college, working for her best friend Pete. Juliet has been hired to help turn Java Jive back into a profitable coffee shop after its decline after the death of Pete's father. On her first day, Juliet stumbles into a murder victim while closing up the shop. And the victim is none other than the employee she clashed with earlier that day.

Juliet and Pete take it upon themselves to investigate the murder, and find themselves in all manner of funny and terrifying situations. Along the way, Juliet starts seeing one of the regular customers of the shop, a professor at Vanderbilt. Or is he?

This was a very fun read, it grabbed me at the very beginning, and didn't let go until the last page. I found myself cheering for each step Juliet took, and turned the pages faster at the suspenseful scenes. I highly recommend this book for people who like light mystery with romance thrown in. Some of the twists were visible earlier, but the main plot twist surprised me almost as much as it did Juliet. Great fun, and I will certainly pick up more of Ms Fardig's work.

In the interest of disclosure, I did receive a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.